Wednesday, October 24, 2007

My Best of Shoutmouth

My 40 Albums That Rolling Stone Got Wrong was "made popular" on Digg. So was my 25 Bands That Should Reunite (that one was also recognized by Vh1 and Largehearted Boy). My Overrated and Underrated Bands lists made some waves, too, and Sports Illustrated/CNN linked to my 40 Nerdiest Names of Musicians. A story I did on Vanilla Ice was linked to on Maxim.com and another I did on baseball closer songs was linked to on Sports Illustrated/CNN again.

Besides "generating traffic" (which is, admittedly, not really one of my personal goals), I have reported on the Pitchfork Music Festival (1,2,3), Lollapalooza (1,2,3), and Austin City Limits (here). I've also conducted interviews with everyone from Great Lake Swimmers to Illinois, Dan Deacon to Panda Bear. My interview with Panda Bear was picked up by stereogum, Paper Thin Walls, and Largehearted Boy. And, in true 21st century fashion, I felt validated when my interview was quoted in the Animal Collective Strawberry Jam Wikipedia entry.

These videos (1,2,3) are good for a laugh, too.

Please let me know if you'd like to see more of my clips; I've got over 3,000.

No comments: